Birthday

Is it February ?? Oh my God, I'm going to 17 on February 22th and It means I'm not teenage at all. heheheh..

Talking about birthday, I remember about little bday tradition for teenage and adult in my country. I don't know if there's any country do this tradition but I think I shud write about it on this post.

Usually, peoples celebrate their bday with party, dinner, or threw some bday's cake on the people whose got bday. In here, we also doing that. But in here, when you got bday, just be careful cause ur friend wouldn't let you clean all day long.

They will throw all dirty things to all over your body like throw flours, ditch waters, rotten eggs, coffee, gums. It's so disguisting when you have clean your body after that attack, they will throw you again untill you stop try to clean your body.

And the part I hate about it are when they throw the coffee to my clothes, or when they throw the rotten eggs and gums to my hair. Its ridiculous... But I think I like this tradition, after they think that attack is enough, we'll hang out together till the day of this bday's over.

Isn't that sounds funny?? :)

And for the adults like my parent's bday, sometimes we do tumpengan.
What's that?
Well, tumpengan is we celebrate bday with having lunch (not dinner) with nasi tumpeng, Its totally Indonesian cuisine. Like these..

Looks delicious, right?
You see that yellow's conical things? Thats what we called nasi tumpeng, its made from rice.

So, after we sing a bday song, we HAVE TO sliced nasi tumpeng and put it on a plate. Then we choose the side dish like fried chicken, boiling eggs, noodles, salad, fried fish, or anything else. And we give the first sliced to someone who mean so much. After that, we just sing a song together, pray together and do every fun things together. :)

Actually, tumpengan is not just for celebrate bday. Its also can we do when we wanna celebrate anniversary or another family's or adult's event. :)


----

Oh yeaa..
I won outfit suggestion contest from CATE, and she gift me this award..

Thank you so muchhh Cate, Keep visit, read, and comment to my blog.
I Love ur style. :)
9 Responses
  1. Cate Says:

    Hi Vii!
    Oh wow, your birthday's soon!
    OMG, that's a mean tradition, throwing dirty things all over your body on your birthday!!!
    I love Indonesian cuisine. The things in the photos look totally delicious.
    So, do you have a birthday cake too?
    Thank you for the shoutout too. I really do love your blog and I'm happy that you read mine.


  2. Cate Says:

    Hey Vii:
    Happy Valentine's Day!


  3. Seeker Says:

    So soon your Bday!!!!
    Hmmm... I don't knlw if I like too much that tradition, but I think if people didn't care much it could be fun ;)

    That food seems delicious, is that vegetarian, or not all?? (You know I'm vegetarian)

    Hope you had a nice Vday (if you celebrate it) and hope to know about your Bday.

    Luv
    xoxo


  4. Mac Says:

    Happy birthday early from me! It sounds kinda scary...


  5. Anonymous Says:

    that is scary about throwing stuff at you on your birthday...makes me think of the old german neighbor who would celebrate anything by smashing a wine glass in the floor by stepping on it. I'm still not sure why he'd do it, but it would make my Mom mad when he came over at christmas for any of our potlucks and do it. If you told him your birthday was coming..smash, your sister was engaged..smash..and he liked to pinch your cheeks too.

    Hope you have a great birthday..and the food looks so good!


  6. Cate Says:

    Hey Vii:
    Yes, I changed the strap on my mum's bag... She wasn't mad though, because I can always take it off and add the original one :)
    And yup, I live in Germany. I originally come from the Czech Republic though, but I live in Germany :)



  7. Anonymous Says:

    happy birthday , ..
    have a best year in life


  8. Ratusya Says:

    hiii... hm.. should i post comment in english? hm.. i'll try.
    it's nice to know there's a blog about indonesia in english version ^_*. hm..about this posting, tumpengan tradition sounds great, but nowsaday most teenagers celebrate their birthday with modern western cake such as tiramisu, black forest etc? we should appreciate our own culture, right?